Translating GSview into Greek

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 8 13:45:54 EEST 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Russell Lang wrote:

> Greek Linux users,
>
> GSview 4.01 beta is now available for Linux, Windows and OS/2.
> This includes a Greek translation by Stamos Mylonas.
> Thanks to Stamos for his many hours of work.
>   http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/beta.htm
>
> The Linux version has not been tested in Greek.
> I would appreciate any testing and reports you can give.

Hi,
I just installed the application on Linux and run a few tests.
I also upgraded ghostscript to 7.0 on my RH7.1 box.
The Greek PS files where downloaded from

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/greek/package-babel/hyphenation/filippou/

In particular I tried
	anc-test.ps     (ancient greek)
	modern.ps 	(modern greek)
and I managed to view them and print them on a PostScript printer
correctly.

(For the ancient.ps found in that directory, gsview could not parse it,
thus was not able to show it. I am not sure where the problem could be.)

The translation is of very good quality and I have not corrections to
make.

Thanks for your work,
Simos Xenitellis

--
If you did not get a reply in your e-mail, please check
that the Subject: field you used was relevant and precise.