Fwd: StopSoftwarePatents.eu ask for help in collecting names of associations

John Salatas jsalatas at acn.gr
Tue Aug 26 20:43:05 EEST 2008

Subject: StopSoftwarePatents.eu ask for help in collecting names
of associations
Date: Tuesday 26 August 2008
From: Ivan Villanueva <ivan at ffii.org>

A group of FFII members have decided to set up big European
petitions
targeting national legislators of the members of the European
Patent
Convention to clarify the limitations of patentability. We are
aiming to collect at least 1 million signatures, which implies
the
support of a large number of associations.

We would like, as the first phase, to collect the names of local
associations which will probably support the petition to stop
software
and business method patents. We are going to contact them for the
details on a second phase.

For this we need your help - please go to

    <http://stopsoftwarepatents.eu/>

and fill in the data of any organisation of your country which
you think would probably support the petition.

Thanks in advance,
Iván Villanueva, member of the FFII and former board member
<https://www.ffii.org>