desktop linux statistics [was: Απάντηση από το κτηματολόγιο ΑΕ!][was:Public Digest, Vol 35, Issue 8]

Nick Demou ndemou at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 19:18:20 EEST 2008

2008/7/5 Christos Nouskas <nouskas at freemail.gr>:
> Christos Ricudis wrote:
>> [...]
>> Epi synolou 182760 hits :
>>
>> 173898 Windows (95%)
>> 1526 Linux (0.8%)
>> 1440 Macintosh (0.7%)
>
>  Πολύ απογοητευτικά τα ποσοστά, όσον αφορά τις πλατφόρμες. Δεν κάνεις κι
> ένα grepάρισμα για browsers να δούμε τι παίζει;

πολύ λάθος δεν πρέπει να είναι. Αν θες πιο μεγάλο δείγμα ... google is
your friend -- my friend found these when asked nicely about "desktop
linux percent":

numbers from W3Counter.com appear to indicate [that] Linux went from
1.25 percent in May of 2007 to 2.02 percent in March of 2008. That is
61.6 percent increase in market share in nine months. [Put another
way,] that is 82 percent annual growth in installed computers.

These numbers don't match up with similarly gathered data from
Hitslink, which has Linux market share still hovering around 0.61
percent market share. But even Hitslink shows strong growth over time:
41 percent-plus growth since May 2007.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9910263-16.html