Movie - Syriana, etc. was RE: Cars, or what we'd like even if its hard to justify...

Deton8or deton8or at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:26:32 EET 2007

Στις Saturday 10 November 2007 01:33:01 ο/η Francesca έγραψε:

> Human beings are by nature selfish. We consistently choose
> self-preservation and short-term ego gratification over principle - over
> what we know is right. There's pure malevolence too, and it's not to be
> underestimated. But the bad elements wouldn't get far without plenty of the
> former all too eager to follow along. A principled life really is the
> undiscovered country. The wavering course set, lost, and set again for that
> elusive place is humanity's ongoing drama - individually and collectively.
>
> - Francesca

I agree that instincts like self-preservation are quite strong inside human
beings. But conscience is embedded in them too in contrast with animals that
are governed by their instincts. Mastering our instincts and living a
principled life (and by mastering i don't mean suppressing) or otherwise a
life that's at least no harm to other human beings needs a conscience of a
higher level than it is currently achieved by the vast majority. I don't put
the blame in them individually because it can't be changed individually in a
quantity that matters. In the other hand collective processes can make a
difference and a lead the way to the undiscovered land.

I have to apologise for my English skills, it is quite hard for me to make a
point :)