ubuntu GR for ESF in Athens? URGENT

Kostas Papadimas pkst at gmx.net
Tue May 2 12:06:44 EEST 2006

Στις 30-04-2006, ημέρα Κυρ, και ώρα 13:12 +0200, ο/η julien at apo33.org
έγραψε:
> Hello,
> I am Julien Ottavi from APRIL, RMLL, APODIO... I am actually working
> for the next European Social Forum that will take place in athens from
> 4-7 of may... it seems there will be no gnu/linux here... it's a big
> event with more than 50000 personns... we will present free software
> platform http://www.apodio.org but we would like to distribute ubuntu
> to people here. Do you know if someone could bring ubuntu cDs before
> the 4th (I ordered some to ubuntu directly) but don't think it will
> happen... maybe you have some ubuntu in Greek to distribute in the
> forum! it's very important!
>
> + ubuntu posters in Greek (if you could)
>
> you could call me : 6947953303 (mobile)
>
> hope we could make it!!!
>

> all the best
>
> julien
>
> http://www.april.org
> http://www.rmll.info
> http://www.apodio.org

Hi Julien,
Don't worry about the GNU/linux presence in the European Social Forum.
The Hellenic Linux User Group (http://www.hellug.gr) will be there and
will run the local and the wireless network for the forum.
I don't know if the is a plan for CD distribution, so I'm ccing your
mail to the public mail list of hellug for more info about that...

Kostas