[Fwd: The RULE project for Linux]

Giannis Stoilis giannis at stoilis.gr
Wed Jun 9 12:50:08 EEST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The RULE project for Linux
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:39:05 +0200
From: Marco Fioretti <mfioretti at mclink.it>
To: board at hellug.gr
CC: marco at rule-project.org

Greetings,

the non-profit RULE project (http://www.rule-project.org) works to
make Free, GPL, up to date software for Linux affordable even to
citizens, schools and organizations with null or very limited budget,
especially in developing countries.

A unique feature of the project is the RULE network: since a lot of
potential RULE users have no bandwidth, we regularly prepare complete
copies of our software, documentation and web pages to fit in one
CD. If somebody has no bandwidth but needs RULE, he sends an email to
the closest RULE network volunteer.

This volunteer, gratis or for the ONLY cost of virgin CD and shipping,
will copy all RULE on a CD and send it directly to the user by snail
mail.

Would your LUG be interested in being the RULE network volunteer in
your area? If yes, please let me know.

I look forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
                 Marco Fioretti