[Fwd: Open Source E-commerce]

DJ Art djart at linux.gr
Thu Nov 23 14:52:00 EET 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Open Source E-commerce
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:55:39 -0800
From: Kirsta Bebber <kbebber at zelerate.com>
To: info at hellug.gr

Because many of today?s students will work in the New Economy after
leaving college, open source e-commerce pioneer Zelerate has just formed
a program to ensure that universities have complete access and resources
to studying e-commerce. Called the Partners in Education Network, the
program is dedicated to ensuring that as many people as possible have
access to freely available e-commerce software.

Initial partners in the program are DePaul University and Indiana
University and the  program is expected to grow to soon include more
higher educational institutions.  If you have any questions about this
program, or wish to speak to the management team at Zelerate, please let
me know.  In the meantime, I have pasted in the press release announcing
the program for your review.

Best regards,

Kirsta Bebber
PR Coordinator
Zelerate, Inc.
650-358-7765
Email: kbebber at zelerate.com

Zelerate Kicks Off Open Source E-Commerce Education
Program with DePaul University and Indiana University

Partners in Education Network (PEN) Program to Incorporate
Zelerate Software in Higher Education Curriculum

SAN MATEO, CA--November 20, 2000--Zelerate, Inc., the leading provider
of open source e-commerce applications, today unveiled its Partners in
Education Program (PEN) by announcing that DePaul University and Indiana
University will offer e-commerce classes featuring the Zelerate
AllCommerce(tm) application in Spring 2001.  Designed to satisfy
increasing demand for specialized e-commerce training, these classes
will be offered by DePaul's Kellstadt Graduate School of Business and
IU's Kelley School of Business.

"Thousands of institutions worldwide are just beginning to outline
programs to provide the skills necessary to compete in the New Economy,"
said Bonnie Crater, president and CEO of Zelerate, Inc.  "We are very
enthusiastic about being able to contribute to studies that examine best
practices in e-commerce."

"Business school students are usually not exposed to open source
software as part of a typical MBA curriculum," said Ramesh Venkataraman,
assistant professor at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business.
"Through the use of the AllCommerce software in my class I will be able
to provide students the opportunity to judge the pros and cons of
business application software developed using the open source model."

"Because Zelerate offers its software at no charge, my students will be
able to easily modify a full-scale commercial application," said Matt
Versaggi, adjunct professor and founder of the e-commerce curriculum at
DePaul's Kellstadt Graduate School of Business.  "I look forward to
incorporating the software into my coursework this coming Spring."

According to Zelerate, the company also plans to establish partnerships
other educational institutions in the near future.

Targeted audiences of the PEN program include:

-- Higher educational institutions
-- Professors
-- Students
-- University career services departments
-- Career services businesses
-- Value-added resellers
-- Software and consulting companies with educational clients

Zelerate's freely available and WAP-enabled software, which includes the
core set of extensible modules required by major Internet business
models, includes end-user interfaces to provide marketing managers with
the ability to easily customize online pricing, inventory and ordering
information.  To maximize use of the platform-independent software,
Zelerate provides a range of professional and technical services for the
installation, customization and ongoing support of commercial Web
sites.  Additional Zelerate services include warehouse integration,
project management, architecture, pre-launch hosting and customized
security.

Zelerate plans to introduce a fully open-sourced and Web-based warehouse
management system in December of this year to manage fulfillment needs
such as purchase orders and delivery options. Other new modules will
include features for multiple shipping options, coupons, gift
certificates, multiple currency support and multi-language store
templates.

# # #

About Zelerate, Inc.
Zelerate, Inc., (formerly OpenSales, Inc.) is the leading provider of
open source e-commerce applications. The San Mateo-based company is the
developer of Zelerate AllCommerce(tm), a suite of freely available and
platform-independent software applications that support all key Internet
business models and can process thousands of Web transactions per second
on inexpensive clusters of systems. For rapid development, Zelerate
offers a range of installation, customization and support services.
Zelerate is an idealab! company.

All trademarks of products and technologies mentioned in this document
are the property of their respective owners.