checkupdate script 'skeleton' committed

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Jun 14 23:35:26 EEST 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:17:12 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> My Python skills are not exactly "guru level" at this point, so if
> someone wants to help with writing the script, you can check the code
> I've uploaded to hg.hellug.gr so far, and post me patches :)

If you start developing patches for `checkupdate.py', please make sure
you have at least change eb2a9004fa69 in your tree:

  changeset:   348:eb2a9004fa69
  user:        keramida
  date:        Sat Jun 14 23:33:14 2008 +0300
  files:       el_GR.ISO8859-7/share/tools/checkupdate/checkupdate.py
  checkupdate: do the sensible thing when a keyboard interrupt arrives

  When we are processing the file list from sys.stdin, it's ok to
  receive an interrupt.  We canjust print "Interrupted." in stderr
  and die gracefully.

  While here, make sure we strip '\r' and '\n' from the filenames
  received in stdin.  The processfile() function doesn't care about
  newlines from out stdin.

Cheers,
Giorgos