[fossaegean] [Online Courses] MongoDB (Java/Python/DBA) (2013)

Papamanoli Sofia icsd07098 at icsd.aegean.gr
Mon Jan 21 10:17:40 EET 2013

Έναρξη μαθημάτων για MongoDB (open source, document-oriented database).

https://twitter.com/MongoDB

Mongo For Developers (Python/Java) - Mongo For DBAs

https://education.10gen.com/courses

• Learn everything you need to know to get started building a MongoDB-based app.
We will go over basic installation, JSON, schema design, querying, insertion of data, indexing and working with language drivers. In the course, you will build a blogging platform, backed by MongoDB.

• Learn about JSON and Mongo's extensive query capabilities through the Mongo shell. We will cover importing, and exporting data into Mongo, replication and fault tolerance. Then it is on to scaling out with MongoDB, including indexing, performance tuning, monitoring, and sharding. Finally, we cover backups and recovery.

(*) Not-Only SQL Databases

- http://kkovacs.eu/cassandra-vs-mongodb-vs-couchdb-vs-redis/

- http://nosql.mypopescu.com/kb/nosql-getting-started